|Rarity||4★, 3★, 2★|
|Use Condition||A City in possession|
|Release Date||October 12, 2015|
Investigation is a defensive skill card that you can use to prevent takeovers by takeover certificates.
For 5/4/3 turns, opponents cannot takeover selected city.
When you use Investigation, select a friendly city. Then, it gets "for 5/4/3 turns, when opponents land on this city, skip the takeover phase even if they have takeover certificates".
- Of takeover skill cards, Steal Property, Interception, Free For All, Revenge and I'm Taking It can forcibly steal a property with Investigation effect cast on it, and will keep the effect on the stolen property.
- Cards like This is MY LAND (scheduled takeover effect) and King of Pirates (scheduled self-destruction) effect will cancel the effect of Investigation.
- If the city is lost (when the Investigation user goes bankrupt), the effect will expire.
- Combine this card with a toll booster and you will have a strong city that cannot be taken over temporarily.
- You can use it to protect a city in an advantageous position such as the ones adjacent to the Golden Ox, and/or to protect a colour monopoly.
- You can protect a low level city (Level two especially, as its toll increases the most from level two to three) while you are on the way to reach Start if you are sure that your opponent will land on it, so it doesn't get lost before it reaches critical potential.
- As you can only protect one city, the opponents can simply ignore this city and takeover other cities.
- As mentioned, skill cards can still steal the city.
- When used to protect a strong city with high toll, opponents may get bankrupted when paying toll and thus never has a chance (or need) to takeover to begin with.
- When used to protect a cheap city that is still growing, it is not as big of a loss for your opponents not to be able to takeover, as takeover certificates are quite limited and can be used when landing on another city.